Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Errand Runners



The crate, I cannot over-emphasize the usefulness of the crate to me and the necessity that my dogs are comfortable being transported anywhere inside the crate. Not that they travel by air like my friend's dog, who goes to Cebu (Philippines) every now and then to visit his owner's relatives. Some dogs, like some human, get dizzy when traveling.

Today, I was kinda busy running errands and I brought along Joaqui, my miniature schnauzer. My first stop was at the laundry shop to get our clean laundry and drop off the ones needing washing. It has been raining for days now, what after two super typhoons.

From there we went to a house in Manila (not spared by the traffic), where he got to walk for a while. After checking that things are okay, we went Southbound and passed momentarily at a convenient store prior heading the grocery. I just bought food to cook for dinner at the grocery.

I was a little worried since the dog looks tired, so I decided to go straight home now. When we arrived and he got out of the crate, I gave him his tennis ball. He started to move around and play. He is his old self again. What a relief! I made him drink water and let him run around the garden for a while, there at the back of the house.


Errands done, the dog is fine. The pooch slept well. A tried dog is a happy dog they say. This has been a great day with Joaqui!

No comments:

Post a Comment