Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dog Care Information, Harakiri of Dog Care Tips

Here's how I made my life difficult . . . the
seven easy steps to make it hard to take care of pets:

(1) I took in a pet when I really do not know anything about pets, and I chose a "medium maintenance" kind of a pet, a dog of medium size with medium coat length. Maybe, a
hairless dog would have been more suitable. Why not a small cute chihuahua or a long dachshund? Too late for me.

(2) I spoiled the dogs by giving them lots of toys and letting them play inside the house. This lessened my control over them,
and man, I have to constantly, yup, constantly clean and clean the house and furniture. Not to mention, I had to replace their toys which get destroyed to death every time.

(3) I feed them and give them water to the max, with some added treats. So what's wrong with this practice? They get dirty. They eliminate more often, whew. They are constantly craving for food. They gain weight. Got to be careful not to make obese doggies out of them.

(4) I keep on bathing them. There must be a magical number on how many times a dog should be bathed in a day, in a week, in a month. I can do partial cleaning without having to bathe them entirely. More baths, more drying time, more towels to wash,
oooooohhh.

(5) I am afraid to hurt them during grooming so they end up partially groomed or not groomed at all. Now, I am the one they have trained, instead of
the other way around, OMG.

(6) I have forgotten to have fun with the little critters anymore. Now, that's bad. Overwhelmed with my duties and responsibilities as a pet owner, I practically got stressed out and tired (a little exaggeration, but true, mind you).

(7) Wow, I took time on deciding to have them trained, or at least have myself trained on how to take care of them properly, o I can still maintain a good life of my own.

Got some inspiration from Daniel H. Pink. I make the most of life by learning from
excellent mistakes.

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time;
it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. Sydney J. Harris
Click Homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment