What else can we talk about regarding pets? How about the challenging task of selecting your pet? Because you sure have to think about this first before plunging into the world of pet care. A dozen (12) of things to consider when choosing a pet.
- do you own another pet?
- do you have an infant or an elderly in your home?
- do you have somebody to assist you in taking care of your pet?
- will the pet be a watchdog or a show dog or a toy dog or a large pet or a working pet or a pet who can do tricks?
- what size and what color and what breed?
- how much time do you have to care for the pet?
- will you be leaving the pet alone in the house or with another pet or with a responsible human companion?
- how much money will you set aside as budget for the pet? vet care?
- how much grooming needs can you handle?
- how much space can you allot for the pet?
- do you live in a condominium unit, an apartment, a subdivision? are pets allowed, if yes, can they roam around? is it safe for a pet on the loose? are you near a busy street with passing vehicles? is it a crowded area or a province?
- will you be able to train the pet? how about exercise for the pet?
Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. George Elliot